Saturday, June 23, 2018

Welcome

As the resident author, my main hope is that my splattering of ideas is the least bit amusing to my readers. Realistically, that's any writer's dream - an audience.

For years, my audience has been small and niche - really just me regaling written and verbal tales to my closest friends and my dearest wife. The story of how I got here will undoubtedly be told in time, but what matters is even imagining a large-scale audience is a new and uncharted world to me. I was never going to be an author. Writing was just a thing I did for fun.

Really, I was and am a book editor (there's a party story for ya - 'Remember that one time I accidentally landed an internship at a professional publishing company?'), and it's a job I continue to love every minute of. But when you spend so much time absorbing someone else's joy and helping their dreams come true, you subconsciously begin to crave it too.

I write romance and horror (yes, together), and virtually always in fantasy or historical settings (because what is escapism if it's in the real world?), so we'll be talking a lot about that. Specifically, I write about ladies who kiss other ladies because . . . write what you know, right?

Ultimately, though, I'm here to have a good time. Hopefully you are too.

1 comment: